Recycling plastic is one of the most important things we can do to protect our planet. By recycling plastic, we can reduce the amount of waste in landfills, oceans, and other natural habitats, helping to preserve the environment for future generations.
In addition, recycling plastic saves energy and resources, as it takes less energy to recycle plastic than it does to produce new plastic from scratch. This means that we can reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and other non-renewable resources, reducing our impact on the environment and helping to combat climate change.
To understand what we can recycle, let's look at what our berry packs are made of:
- Plastic pack 〰️ 70% post consumer recycled material, RPET
- Plastic film 〰️ 30% post consumer recycled material
- Fibre pad 〰️ 100% fibre, paper-recyclable absorbent pad
Now you know more about what's in the pack, here's how to get the most out of it:
- Plastic pack ✔️ empty, ensure it's clean and place in your blue recycling bin or recycling bag
- Plastic film ✔️ remove from pack, ensure it's clean and either recycle from home or take to an out of home recycling points (find one here).
- Fibre pad ✔️ remove from pack, ensure it's clean and place in your blue recycling bin or recycling bag
For a comprehensive guide on what, where and how to recycle in the UK, visit Recycle Now.