This policy describes how we use your personal data when you use our website (https://berryworld.com/). We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
Who we are and how you can contact us
BerryWorld Limited is the Data Controller in respect of personal data collected via our website https://berryworld.com/. We are a UK registered company (registered company number – 02864233, registered address – The Henley Building, Newtown Road, Henley On Thames, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, RG9 1HG).
We are part of the BerryWorld group of companies. If you would like further information about the companies in the group, please contact our Data Compliance Manager (see the section below for contact details).
You can contact us in writing at BerryWorld Limited, Turnford Place, Great Cambridge Road, Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, EN10 6NH or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak to us please call us on +44 (0) 1992 471833.
Please also refer to the section below on Our Data Compliance Manager for further contact information.
Our Data Compliance Manager
We have appointed a Data Compliance Manager who acts as our primary point of contact for any questions or concerns you may have regarding our handling of your personal data.
Our Data Compliance Manager is Robin Dawson, who you can contact in writing at BerryWorld Limited, Turnford Place, Great Cambridge Rd, Broxbourne EN10 6NH, by email at email@example.com, or by calling +44 (0) 1992 473163
What personal data we collect about you
- personal data that you provide to us. If you complete the contact form on our website, we will ask you to provide your name, email address and country of residence. We will also receive any other personal data which you include as part of your enquiry.
- personal data about your use of our website. This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and where you went when you left, what pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- process and respond to your enquiry;
- your country of residence is used to determine which of the BerryWorld group of companies is best placed to respond to your query;
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences (see How we use your personal data for marketing);
- manage and administer our business;
- review and improve our goods and service.
- personal data about your use of our website is used to:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
Consent and other legal grounds for processing your personal data
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
- we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you;
- we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights;
- we are subject to legal obligations that require us to use your personal data in certain ways (such as disclosing information to HM Revenue & Customs).
In exceptional circumstances, we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances, we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
The most common situation in which we will process your personal data on the grounds of consent is where we wish to send marketing communications to you. Please refer to the section on How we use your personal data for marketing to read about our marketing practices.
To help you understand the legal grounds we rely on for different types of processing, we have set out an overview of the main processing activities we undertake and the relevant legal grounds below:
Categories of personal data used
Name and contact details
To respond to your enquiries regarding our goods and services
Legitimate interest (in growing our business and developing new customer relationships) and/or contractual necessity
Name and email address
To send you marketing communications
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to respond to your enquiry or provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you - this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right (or any of the other rights described below) by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Data Subject Request” and send it to our Data Compliance Manager (see the section on Our Data Compliance Manager for contact details).
You also have rights to:
- prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes (see How we use your personal data for marketing for further details);
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased;
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes;
- restrict our use of your personal data;
- require that we delete your personal data (the “right to be forgotten”);
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file.
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ww.ico.org.uk.
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not make use of automated decision making or profiling.
When we will share your personal data with others
We share your data with the following people in the day to day running our business:
- other companies that are part of the BerryWorld group if they are better placed to respond to your enquiry, based on your location or on the content of your enquiry;
- the business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with information, goods or services that you have requested from us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
How we keep your personal data safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
- only storing your personal data on our secure servers;
- keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises;
- ensuring that our staff receive regular data security awareness training;
- maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems;
- enforcing a strict policy on the use of mobile devices and out of office working.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features (some of which are described above) to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We will add your details to our marketing database if you complete the contact form on our website and opt in to receive marketing. The marketing material we send to you will be via email.
You can check and update your current marketing preferences at any time by calling or emailing us using the details set out in the Who we are and how you can contact us section above.
We never share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
When we will send your personal data to other countries
Description of transfer
Safeguards in place
Other companies in the BerryWorld group
If you contact us with an enquiry which would be better dealt with by one of the other companies in our group, we will pass your details to them so that they can respond to you.
South Africa, Australia and USA
Yes - we have entered into Standard Contractual Clauses with all BerryWorld group companies which are based outside of the EEA.
The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp
Used to manage BerryWorld Hive subscribers.
Yes – supplier is registered with EU – US Privacy Shield.
Used to manage market research from Hive subscribers.
Yes – supplier is registered with EU – US Privacy Shield.
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as we actually need it. In practice this means that we will keep:
- If you contact us with a query, we will retain a copy of our correspondence with you for a period of 6 years.
- If you sign up to our newsletter, we will retain your details until you ask to be removed from the mailing list, plus a period of 6 months.
Please note that we may anonymise your personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely but we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual.
If you have any questions about our data retention practices please contact our Data Compliance Manager (see the section on Our Data Compliance Manager for contact details).
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data please contact our Data Compliance Manager to discuss this (see the section on Our Data Compliance Manager for contact details).
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep this policy up to date
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (https://berryworld.com/) or you can contact us (see Who we are and how to contact us) to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number shown at the end of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.