A deliciously festive spiced blueberry pudding recipe to delight and warm during the winter months.
Perfectly combining the rich, well-loved flavours of Italian Panettone with the tart sweetness of fresh fruit and Christmas spices, the Berry Merry Panettone Pudding is a mouth-watering treat for everyone to enjoy.
Exciting the senses with festive sharpness while comforting with bread pudding’s creamy homeliness, this simple – yet decadent – dish is one you’ll want to create again and again. A festive symphony of flavours, this cheerful treat is most popular during the holiday season – where warmth and spices abound in the kitchen – but can be enjoyed year-round like our other recipes.
Traditional Italian Christmas bread forms the base of the pudding, giving it a dense, spongy texture, while juicy, sweet berries are dispersed throughout in pockets of surprising zest. Adding freshness to every bite, the raspberries and blueberries dotted throughout the pudding help create a harmonious balance of flavours that both delight and satisfy.
If you’re putting on a festive spread for friends and family, why not add more Christmas dishes to the table like our Raspberry Snow Tree Bites or Tasty Pastry Christmas Tree?
Here's how to make the best Panettone Pudding
This pretty panettone version of the classic bread and butter blueberry pudding recipe has juicy berries in every spoonful.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140Fan/gas 3. Rub the butter over the base and sides of a large 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Cut the panettone up into slices and then into wedges, leaving the crusts on.
- In a large jug, whisk together the eggs with the sugar, vanilla paste, cream and milk, and Marsala (if using) until smooth.
- Arrange half of the berries into the base of the dish and then place the panettone slices on top, overlapping as you go, so that you can fit all the slices in evenly.
- Top with the remaining berries and carefully pour the egg mixture evenly over the Panettone. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the top is nicely golden.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving dusted with icing sugar and with extra cream on the side.