These merry raspberry turnover bakes are perfect for Christmas. So simple to make, your little helpers can enjoy helping you whip up a batch.
Here's how to make Christmas tree raspberry turnover bakes
- Pre heat the oven to 200c and get the pastry out of the fridge.
- Place the Raspberries into a pan and crush them slightly to break them down. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice and place the pan over a medium heat. When the mixture starts to bubble reduce the heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes until it thickens slightly. Set the jam aside to cool whilst you prepare the pastry.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 equal triangles.
- Spoon the raspberry jam onto 8 of the pastry triangles making sure you leave space round the edge.
- Cut the remaining pastry into thin strips and divide them between your bakes, adding them so they look like tinsel. Press the strips down at the sides and brush the pastry with milk.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Once cooked allow to cool then sprinkle with icing sugar.