Did you know berries are a berry tasty source of vitamin C?
Did you know strawberries are a great source of vitamin C? For example, just 7 strawberries (80g – a portion) provide the recommended daily amount of vitamin C, which contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
For a quick vitamin C boost, berries can be enjoyed as a beautiful breakfast bowl topper, a sugar free snack, a super salad addition and on their own as a perfect pud.
Best of all with berries there’s no peeling needed, just rinse and enjoy!
- Strawberries 57mg per 100g
- Raspberries 19mg per 100g
- Blackberries 7mg per 100g
- Blueberries 6mg per 100g
- “Adults aged 19 to 64 need 40mg of vitamin C a day.”
- “You should be able to get all the vitamin C you need from your daily diet.”
- “Vitamin C can't be stored in the body, so you need it in your diet every day.”
If you're stuck inside then stay safe and healthy inside with these healthy ideas for all the family.