This delicious yet simple cranberry sauce recipe uses minimal ingredients but is a real hit when it comes to flavour. Perfect with your Christmas dinner or used as an accompaniment to other dishes.
Cranberry sauce is the Christmas version of the cherry on top. It’s not quite Christmas until the cranberry sauce is out and spread about, don’t you think? But shop-bought cranberry sauce never quite hits the spot - it always looks the part, but doesn’t deliver the goods.
This recipe only takes 5 minutes of prep time, 20 minutes of cooking time, and goes perfectly with everything festive (just hide the spoons before everything’s laid out).
For more Christmas inspiration, check out this glazed ham.
- Put the sugar and juice into a jam pan or large heavy based saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to bubble until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries to the pan and stir well. Return to the boil and cook for 10 minutes so that the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens and becomes jammy.
- Allow to cool a little and, if desired, use a stick blender to whizz to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to sterilised jars and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.