This indulgent treat is easy to make but doesn’t compromise on flavour. Sprinkle Kiwi Berries on the top to really make it a showstopper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan. Line the bottom of a 20cm springform or loose bottom tin with greaseproof paper and grease the sides.
- Firstly make the base. Mix together the melted butter, coconut oil, crushed biscuits and desiccated coconut in a bowl. When well combined, press into the base and up the sides of the tin with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest.
- For the Kiwi syrup, put the sliced berries and the sugar into a saucepan. Combine the cornflour with 1 tbsp water to make a smooth paste. Add to the pan and stir until it comes to a simmer, the sugar has dissolved and its made a syrup. Set aside.
- For the filling, beat together both the cheeses, coconut cream, sugar, egg, the zest of 2 limes and the juice of half, until well combined. Spoon into the prepared base and level then drip and drizzle half the kiwi syrup over the top. Bake in the oven for one hour.
- After an hour switch the oven off, leaving the cheesecake inside for a further two hours.
- After two hours, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely. Release from the tin, transfer to a serving plate and remove the grease proof paper. Serve with the remaining kiwi syrup spooned over.
Note: Use a blender to crush the biscuits and combine the crushed ingredients to achieve a fine texture. Put the tin inside a roasting tin in the oven. Some of the butter is likely to leak out.