Time to spruce things up in the kitchen with this Christmas tree pastry with raspberry jam. Fir sure.
Here's how to make a puff pastry Christmas tree
- Pre heat the oven to 200° c and get the pastry out of the fridge.
- Place the Raspberries into a pan and crush them slightly to break them down. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice and place the pan over a medium heat. When the mixture starts to bubble reduce the heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes until it thickens slightly. Set the jam aside to cool whilst you prepare the pastry.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into two puff pastry sheets.
- Move one to a lined baking sheet.
- Score a triangular tree shape and spread 3 tbsp of raspberry jam inside the tree triangle and place second pastry sheet on top.
- Cut along sides of the tree and remove trimmings.
- Cut branches on both sides and start twisting them one by one.
- Cut stars out of the trimmings and add as decorations to the tree.
- For the egg wash, combine almond milk and maple syrup.
- Lightly brush the milk onto the top of the pastry tree.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Once cooked allow to cool before serving.