The perfect Autumnal dessert, blackberries in a delicate almond sponge. This makes for a great pudding or tea time treat. Serve with fresh blackberries or cream.
- Place the fruit in a small pan with 50g of the sugar and warm through until the juices begin to rest. Remove the fruit from the heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas Mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface large enough to line an 18cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Ease the pastry gently into the corners without stretching and trim the edges. Chill until required.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the rest of the sugar, the almonds, butter, eggs and flavourings until soft and well blended.
- Spoon the fruit into the pastry case, spread over the topping and flatten. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is set and light golden.
- Serve warm or cold topped with the flaked almonds and a shake of sifted icing sugar