Light, fluffy and oozing with the goodness of blueberries, these pancakes make a perfect breakfast treat. They are quick to make and the oats and pecans help sustain you through a busy morning.
- First make the blueberry sauce by placing the blueberries in a saucepan with the sugar and 2 tbsp water, gently heat until softened and syrupy but still holding their shape, keep warm.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. In another bowl beat the egg yolks, flour, oats, milk and sugar together until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and pecans, followed by the whisked egg white.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little of the oil. Place tablespoons of the batter in to make small pancakes, cook for a few minutes each side until golden, keep warm whilst cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve piled up with the blueberry sauce poured over