This pudding has a sharp fruity flavour from the raspberries with lovely sweet brioche. Try with ice cream for added indulgence.
- Butter the brioche and cut the slices in half diagonally. Lay half of the slices in the bottom of a large ovenproof baking dish so that the corners overlap.
- Mash half of the raspberries with 3tbsp of sugar and spread over the brioche. Arrange the rest of the slices over the crushed raspberries then scatter over the remaining whole raspberries, tucking them in between the slices and nestling in any crevices.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl or large jug then beat in the remaining sugar, cream, milk and orange zest until well combined. Pour all over the brioche.
- Heat the oven to 170C/150C fan and allow the pudding to soak while the oven comes up to heat.
- Once hot cook for 35-40 minutes so that the centre of the pudding has a wobble but there’s no runny liquid.