Spruce up your breakfast or dessert, with these beautiful Christmas pancakes.
Here's how to make these festive Christmas pancakes
- Place the flour in a bowl and gently whisk in the milk and eggs so you have a lump free batter. It should be the consistency of singe cream.
- Heat a small sized frying pan on a medium heat then wipe it with oil. Ladle enough batter into the pan to coat the base with an even, thin layer when you tilt it around the pan.
- Leave the batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Using a fish slice or a flick of the wrist, turn or flip the pancake to cook the other side. Once cooked pop it on a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat this till you have a pile of six pancakes.
- Gently fold the pancakes into triangular quarters, create a base row for the tree using three pancakes and then a mid row with two pancakes and a top row with one pancake.
- To decorate your Christmas pancake tree, use blueberries as a garland, raspberries as a star and a base with strawberries and blackberry.