This recipe is quick and easy - using bought puff pastry it's a twist on a classic quiche. Crème fraiche, eggs and pink peppercorns work together beautifully and the final result looks and tastes divine. These tiny individual tarts are perfect for picnics!
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal portions, pressing each into a shallow tart tray.
- Prick the pastry all over inside the border, brush with whisked egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and push down the bases inside the borders and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the creme fraiche, eggs and yolk and the parmesan together, lightly season, then empty the filling onto the chilled pastry cases.
- Arrange the asparagus tips and the strawberries over the mixture and using a pastry brush, cover the exposed pastry borders with the whisked egg mix and gently brush the asparagus and strawberries too. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked.