These delicious tangy blueberry muffins have a crunchy topping are just bursting with blueberries and lemon curd, best served warm and fresh from the oven. Easy and quick to make they are perfect for a breakfast or a teatime treat.
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/gas 6.
- Line a deep muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter in a small pan and melt, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Wash the blueberries and pat dry, toss in a little flour.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar, blueberries and lemon zest.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk and melted butter, mix together and pour into the flour mixture. Mix together quickly and lightly, the mixture should still look a bit lumpy.
- Divide between the muffin cases, make a little indent and place a teaspoon of lemon curd on the top of each one, sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Bake for approx 20 mins until risen and golden. Cool for at least a few minutes before enjoying.